TCS Interview Questions for freshers asked in the TCS interview process are discussed here. These will help you prepare for both TCS technical interview round as well as the TCS HR interview round. These interview questions were collected from students who have recently attended TCS interview.
About the company: Accenture
TCS (Tata Consultancy Service) Limited is an Indian multinational company which deals in consultancy service and Information technology. It is headquartered in Mumbai, India. It is a part of the Tata group and operates in 46 countries.
TCS is a great place to start your career as a fresher. It offers a great workplace as well as a friendly environment with a positive ambiance for the growth of the individual along with the growth of the company. Every year, TCS conducts a mass recruitment process to select candidates for the profile of Assistant Software Engineer. Apart from the Eligibility Criteria, TCS wants its employees to be very good in Aptitude and in Attitude.
TCS Recruitment Process
TCS conducts 4 rounds to select freshers as Assistant System Engineer in their organisation.
- TCS NQT (Aptitude test)
- Technical Round
- Managerial Round
- HR Round
TCS NQT (Aptitude test) :
The first round of the TCS recruitment process is TCS NQT (National Qualifier Test), which is considered one of the most difficult stages of the procedure. It is an Ability Test that evaluates a candidate’s abilities and skills. TCS NQT Exams are offered both online (at home) and in-person at TCS iON Authorised Exam Centers.
The test has five sections:
|Numerical Ability||20-30 Questions|
|Reasoning Ability||25-35 Questions|
|Programming logic||5-15 Questions|
The candidates will be assessed for the following topics:
- Numerical ability: Number Systems, Arithmetic, Elementary Statistics, and Data Interpretation are all assessed in this part.
- Verbal Ability: This section assesses English grammar, how to use it correctly, and reading comprehension.
- Reasoning ability: Identifying words and mathematical patterns, problem-solving, figurative and factual analysis, decision-making, propositional reasoning, and visual-spatial reasoning are all assessed in this section.
The programming section examines knowledge and skill in specific disciplines related to occupational roles in the areas below :
- Pseudo-code, Algorithms, Programming structures, fundamental Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and its stage-wise documents, and implementation using C, C++, and Java will be tested.
- Candidates must be able to code in any of the following programming languages: C, C++, Java, Python, and PERL.
- Hands-on exercise of coding.
Technical Round :
The students who clear the written round are called for Technical Interview. There is no hard & fast rule for which questions will be asked in this round, you can expect questions on any topic depending on the panel. To clear this round you should be clear with your basics. You should be prepared with Data structures and Algorithms, DBMS, Operating System, Networking, OOPs concepts and a programming language of your choice. Students from branches other than CS should prepare for the other two subjects related to their branch. CS students will be expected to write codes in the interview. You may be asked puzzles in this round.
Managerial Round :
The managerial round is handled by a panel of senior members. This is also a face-to-face interview round. This round may consist entirely of technical questions or a combination of technical and managerial questions. The majority of the questions are based on the profile for which you are being interviewed. You should be up to date on any new technologies or software required for that position. You may also be asked questions based on your actions to assess your thinking style. You could be put under pressure to see how you react. Your CV’s achievements may be questioned, and you may have to defend them. You may be questioned on your previous working experiences, about your objectives, motivations for joining TCS, and other similar topics.
The panel will assess your corporate culture fit, attitude, soft skills, desired career advancement, and other factors in this round.
You might also be asked generic questions about your work experience, college degree, specialty, desire to relocate, and so on. In any event, regardless of the route the interview takes, always be gracious. The interview panel aims to force you to step outside of your comfort zone. Maintain your composure and respond to the questions that you are familiar with. If the answer is unknown, don’t give up; instead, try it with what you know.
HR Round :
Expect questions about work experience, education, interests, and family background, in addition to the standard HR questions about strengths and weaknesses, reasons for applying to the company, why you should be hired, and so on. They can also ask questions about TCS – when it was formed, its objectives, values, organizational structure, and so on.
Most candidates believe that the HR interview is simple, but keep in mind that a poor HR interview can jeopardize your chances of receiving the job, even if you have cleared all other hurdles (aptitude test, technical round, etc.). The goal is to maintain a pleasant and confident demeanor. Interviews can be long and tedious, so remember to smile!
TCS Technical Interview Questions
- What is OOP concept ? What are the four basic principles of OOPS?
- What is inheritance?
- What is Polymorphism?
- What are the different types of inheritance?
- What is the difference between classes and interface?
- What is software development life-cycle?
- Explain the functionality of linked list.
- What is normalization of databases, joins, and keys?
- What is loops?
- Explain ACID properties
- Explain about Joins, Views, Normalization, Triggers?
- Advantages of DBMS.
- What is Database Management System?
- What is database Schema?
- What are the conditional statements?
- The structural difference between bitmap and b-tree index?
- What is the difference between the foreign key and reference key?
- What is the difference and similarity between C and C++?
- What is an array?
- Difference between a Clustered index and non-clustered index?
- What is the difference between a Stack and a Queue?
- Define Data Abstraction. What are their importance?
- Memory Allocation in C/C++
- what is virtual function and pure virtual function?
- What is a Foreign key?
- Difference between Inner Join and Outer Join.
Some Coding Questions related to Technical Round :
- Reverse a string
- Reverse a number
- Prime number
- Greatest among 10 numbers
- Fibonacci series
- Swap 2 numbers
- Armstrong number
- Decimal to binary & vice versa
- Average of 2 numbers
- Odd-even number
- Check leap year
and other basic coding questions
TCS HR Interview Questions
- Please tell me about yourself
2. Why did you apply for this job?
3. What is your biggest achievement till now?
4. What do you know about our Company?
How to answer:
To answer this question you must have good knowledge, and you have already researched the company profile, then only you will be able to answer this question. There are some points you need to mention while answering this question:
- What are they famous for?
- How many employees are they having?
- In how many countries are they situated
- Who is the Founder & CEO of the company
5. Why should we consider you for this job?
6. Are you ready to relocate?
7 .Tell me something about the most memorable day of your life?
8. What are your strengths?
9. What are your weaknesses ?
10. Is there anything which makes you different from other candidates?
” All the best for your interview “
More Company interview Question